I hope all my Marathi speaking friends enjoy this blog. I'll try to make it the best resource for the best nursery rhymes, children's songs complete with videos and lyrics in Marathi.
RSS

Marathi Nursery Rhymes

I am no proponent of Marathi bana and no savior of Marathi manoos. This blog is only with the intention that my child and several other Marathi children around the world know the nursery rhymes that their parents as children.
As a child, I loved the simplicity of these nursery rhymes. Remember Sang Sang Bholanath, Ye Re Ye Re Pausa and Asava Sunder Chocolate Cha Bangla!
With due respect to the English nursery rhymes I learned in kindergarten, I think they were all so violent and destructive. I mean, why did the piggy on the railway have to break its bones or Humpty Dumpty fall down and break into pieces? Why did Jack have to break his crown and Georgie Porgie kiss the girls and make them cry?
The only violent song that I remember from my kitty of Marathi nursery rhymes is Chadi Lage Cham Cham. But that too, I guess, is from a Marathi movie and in context.

I hope all my Marathi speaking friends enjoy this blog. I'll try to make it a complete collection of the best nursery rhymes, children's songs with videos in Marathi. The videos embedded here are courtesy www.myPOPKORN.com

Believe me, this is a treasure trove for all Marathi lovers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Kontera Content Link